To help the Young Women in our ward celebrate their birthdays this year, we’re giving them a handmade bracelet designed to fit with the Arise and Shine Forth Mutual theme. Each bracelet will be presented to the girls in a small gift bag with a custom-designed birthday card slipped inside. Our YW president asked me to make the cards using my 2012 Mutual theme logos and I thought I would share them with you.
The cards measure 3 3/4-by-2 1/2-inches when folded and have the chandelier logo on the front and the full 2012 Mutual theme scripture on the back. My .pdf file lets you print four cards per page.
You can add your own greeting or message on the inside of the cards after you print and cut them out, OR, you can print one of two messages I’ve included in the .pdf inside.
If you choose to use one of my greetings, you will need to print on the back of your printed sheet of cards.
- Print out the page of the .pdf with the outsides of the cards on it (page 2). (Make sure you ONLY print page 2. Click on the printer icon in the Adobe Acrobat toolbar. Check the circle next to pages and enter the number 2 in the box under print range in the print dialog pop-up.)
- Re-insert the printed pages back into your printer, making sure that the blank side will be printed on. (You may need to do a few test prints to figure out how to put the paper back in so that the inside messages are printed in the right places on the right side of the paper. I always do this using the lowest-quality setting so that I don’t waste ink.)
- Once you’ve re-inserted the pages, print the page of the .pdf with your chosen message. (Page 3 has the “Keep on Shining!” message; Page 4 has the “We love you!” message.) Click on the printer icon in the Adobe Acrobat toolbar. Check the circle next to pages and enter the page number you want to print in the box under print range in the print dialog pop-up.
- Cut and fold the cards.
What are you giving your Young Women this year for their birthdays? We all need ideas, so please leave a comment and/or link!
You can download my birthday card file here.
You will need to unzip the download before you can use it.
Please do not share my files.
Simply direct your friends here to download their own copy.
Thanks for visiting Hang a Ribbon on the Moon!
A wonderful reader asked for a candy-bar wrapper to fit the standard (1.55-ounce) Hershey’s Chocolate bar–and so I put one together for her. I’m excited to share it with you, too! This wrapper is perfect to give to your girls for New Beginnings, birthdays, Valentine’s Day or Christmas gifts, Young Women in Excellence, gift baskets or just because and fits the budget-friendly 1.55-ounce Hershey’s Bar.
The front features my Arise and Shine Forth chandelier logo and the back has the full 2012 Mutual theme as well as an “ingredients list,” a “nutrition facts” box and a “bar code” all enhanced with YW details, scriptures and values.
I’ve saved my files for you in a handy .pdf and as a high-quality .jpeg. I’d love to hear how you use these–just leave a comment!
I have some great projects in the works, so check back here often or follow my blog by entering your email address in the box on the right. Then, whenever I post a new project or article, you will receive an email all about it. Don’t worry. I will NEVER sell or give your email address to anyone. EVER.
You can download my Arise and Shine Forth 1.55-ounce candy-bar wrapper here.
You will need to unzip the download before using it.
Please do not share my files!
Send your friends here to my blog to download their own copies.
All downloads are for non-commercial personal or Church use only.
Now that the holidays are over, I’m back designing and putting together more 2012 Mutual theme printables for you. Today, I have some gift/handout tags. I made these to attach to some crystals we’re giving our girls as favors at New Beginnings. I had them printed on high-quality photo paper at Costco and then cut them out, punched them and added an eyelet and blue ribbon. In order to upload my tags to Costco, I saved two tags on a four-by-six-inch .jpeg document and uploaded it the same way as I would a regular four-by-six-inch photo. That way, I get two tags for the very inexpensive price of one photo print.
If you upload my files to Costco, please don’t use their fast uploader–it really makes the print quality poor. Go for the full-resolution option for best results.
Included in my download for you is the two-tag four-by-six-inch .jpeg, a .pdf with a full page of tags, and a .png file of two tags and a .png of a single tag.
Here are some ideas for using these 2012 Mutual tags:
- Attach to a small crystal with a ribbon as a handout
- Use them as gift tags for birthday gifts
- Print and attach to the front of a birthday card
- Laminate and give to the girls to put on their key-rings or hang in their rooms/cars
- Tie a ribbon through the hole and glue a magnet on the back to create a Mutual-theme magnet
- Slip inside a gift-card holder
- Use on scrapbook pages/projects
- String them on ribbon, strings or chain necklaces and use them as “dog-tags” for girls camp
I’d love to hear your additional ideas for these tags, so leave a comment below.
Download my Arise and Shine Forth Gift/Handout Tags here.
Note: You will need to unzip the download before you can use the files.
Please don’t share these files! I’d love it if you sent your friends here to download their own.
All files are for non-commercial home, personal or Church use only.
I hope you’re inspired to help your YW arise and shine!
Here is another great Arise and Shine Forth download for you! This time, it is a candy bar wrapper. Simply print, trim and wrap this fun printable around a super-sized candy bar for a quick, easy and delicious birthday, Christmas or New Beginnings gift for your young women. It is designed to fit 6.8-ounce Symphony bars. I am also designing wrappers for the standard 1.55-ounce Hershey’s bar as well as for Hershey’s Miniatures. Watch for later posts with these designs. Enjoy!
You can download both .jpeg and .pdf files of my candy bar wrapper here.
As always, this download is for non-commercial, personal or Church use only!
Please don’t share my files with others. Send them here to this blog to download their own copies.