And, I’ve updated it so that you can use it any year! My previous versions included the Mutual Theme in the header. Now, so that you can use the template year after year, I’ve added an editable field for the Mutual Theme.
****UPDATE 1/5/2015: As requested, I’ve now included in the download a single-page PDF with just the newsletter and not the instructions and fixed the spelling error in the scripture (though since it is editable, I hope you all were able to correct that yourselves :)****
With this YW Newsletter Template PDF, you can build a newsletter or announcement sheet for your girls in just minutes. I’ve done all the designing, all you need to do is enter your ward/stake name, Mutual Theme (or other theme/scripture) and fill in the text titles and text.
My newsletter template features a fun retro feel and provides you with a place to enter your ward/stake name, Mutual Theme and four areas to customize, each one with a title space and area for entering your own text.
Here are some ideas for each of the four sections: announcements, birthdays, Personal Progress, congratulations, welcome, calendar, Sunday lesson topics, reminders, spotlights and activites. Here is a sample newsletter to give you an idea of what it will look like:
In the download (link at the end of this post), I’ve included an editable PDF file of the the template–simply add your info in Adobe Reader–PLUS a high-quality JPEG file, which you can customize in Word, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or other software. You can download Adobe Reader for free here.
Here’s how to use the editable PDF newsletter template:
- Download my template file (link at the end of this post).
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Open Adobe Reader. (If you don’t have this program, download it here and install it.)
- Select File>Open.
- Navigate to the unzipped newsletter file on your computer. Click Open.
- The newsletter template is on page 2 of the file. Page down and fill in the text boxes provided. There is a text box at the top for your ward/stake name and another for the Mutual Theme/other theme/scripture. In addition, there are four areas for titles and text. Fonts are pre-selected for you and will size automatically. (Font, color and size cannot be changed. If you want to change them, use the JPEG file and add your own text boxes in your word-processing/graphic-design software.)
- Enter your text. NOTE: If you want to indent something in the text, DO NOT use the TAB key. Instead, use the SPACE BAR.
- Save and print page 2 of the file.
You will need to UNZIP the download before you can access the files.
Remember, all of my files are for noncommercial personal or Church use only.
Please DO NOT SHARE MY FILES in any way!