Later this week I will post some calendars featuring the 2012 Mutual theme. They’re not done yet, but I’m excited to share one of my favorite Photoshop tools with you–scripts! I was introduced to Photoshop/Photoshop Elements scripts by one of my digital-scrapbooking friends, Anna Forrest. Anna, an amazing scrapper and programmer, creates scripts for PS/PSE that make certain tasks, like generating calendars, a snap.
A script is a mini-program launched within Photoshop/Photoshop Elements that quickly does a repetitious or time-consuming task. With a few clicks, the task is done and you go on designing.
I LOVE Anna’s Calendar Creator script! In just seconds, I can build a calendar for any month and year I want and with the fonts I want. Such a time saver!
Not sure about purchasing a script yet, but want to give one a try? Anna’s blog, Anna Forrest Designs, has three FREE sample scripts for download. Please Note: the Mini-Calendar Maker Trial Version generates a very small 2010 calendar with a generic font, but is a great way to see how scripts work. If you like it, you can contact Anna via Facebook to receive instructions on how to purchase the script.
Here’s how Anna’s calendar-maker script works:
- Purchase the calendar-maker script or download the sample script.
- Install the script following Anna’s installation instructions for your program (Photoshop or Photoshop Elements).
- Open Photoshop.
- Navigate to file>scripts and click on AFD Calendar Maker or mini calendar maker trial to run the script.
- Once the calendar-maker dialog box comes up, select the month, year, language, heading style, day week begins, paper size, save-to location, and fonts and sizes for the month headings, day headings and grid settings. Click OK.
- Now, just wait. That’s it! The script may take a few minutes to run, but once it is done, you will have a full calendar page to use!
- Finally, use your creativity to build your calendar page. Customize it with digital-scrapbooking supplies, Photoshop patterns, clip art, etc. Whatever you want! Remember to save your file as you go.
Now, I hope you can see why I LOVE scripts for Photoshop!
I’m busily working on some Arise and Shine Forth 2012 calendar printables for you (using Anna’s script, of course!) and hope you enjoy getting a little sneak peek of my project and the behind-the-scenes look at how I’m making them.
If you get a chance to try one of Anna’s scripts, leave a little note in the comments here and let me know what you think.